Sunday 22 January 2012

A few bargains

I popped into town yesterday and as I had Thomas with me I only stayed for an hour but I did manage to find a few bargains in that time!
Firstly I picked up a Body Shop body butter.  I'm sure you have all tried these out before and know how good they are but I thought I would share as the Christmas ones are on sale for £5 at the moment, they are usually £12.50 so that was a really good price!  I picked up the almond one and already had the papaya scented one as a Christmas pressie.
 I also visited Zara and found these 2 tops both were only £9.99! The first one is a cream cardigan with silver beading round the collar.  I really wanted a pretty cardi that I could throw over most outfits and I think this one will be perfect, especially as it was reduced from £36!  The second top is casual with long sleeves and has a funky blue and mustard leopard print panel at the front.  As we will soon be in spring it is probably the wrong colour to buy at the moment but I always love animal print so I am sure it will get worn lots in February and again next Autumn/Winter!


I needed to replace my Mascara and I always use Maxfactor Flase Lash Effect Fusion this is the one that comes in the purple tube, you can also get the version in the black tube which has a more natural look but the one I choose is for volume and length.  They also have a limited edition Gold tube at the moment which I believe is the same actual product as the black one.  This mascara is £11.99 and you can get this in all the usual shops, I tend to go to Boots so I can get my points!  I will add a picture of my lashes as well.
The reason I wanted to mention this buy was that at the moment if you spend over £10 in Boots on Maxfactor then you get a free Max Effect mini nail polish, which usually sell for £3.99.  I choose the shade Fantasy Fire which is a purple with a red shimmer through it.  I am not usually much of a purple person but have soooo many polishes and wanted to get a colour that was not similar to anything I already own.
The application of this polish was really smooth and it dries so quickly, which is always a bonus when you have a baby!  It does go on very sheer and it actually took me 5 coats to get a shade that looked like the product appears in the bottle, however it looks quite pretty with less coats as well.  In this picture I have one coat on my thumb and an extra coat on every following finger until we get to 5 coats on my pinkie finger.  I applied it yesterday so will have to let you know how well it wears and when it starts to chip but overall I was impressed with this polish and think it makes an excellent little freebie!

No comments:

Post a Comment